You pay for part of the healthcare costs yourself because they come under your personal excess. Additional examinations and tests, referrals, and medication prescribed by the GP are some of the things that come under your personal excess. That means that you pay these costs to your healthcare provider unless you’ve already reached the maximum for your personal excess. It is your responsibility to keep track of your personal excess.
Examples of healthcare that come under the personal excess:
- prescribed medication;
- blood collection and tests;
- all cultures that are performed;
- hospital examinations and tests (including x-rays and ultrasounds);
- visits to specialists in hospital;
- visits to an institute for psychological care.
Do you want to know whether certain specific healthcare from DocLine comes under the personal excess? You can always ask your GP during a consult or contact us via the online chat.